The Dean of Students policy on Posting and Distribution of Printed Materials applies in the library as it does in all campus buildings. Please read the policy for complete details, but in particular, be aware of the following:
- Students and officially recognized student organizations may post materials if the flyer has been stamped by the Department of Leadership Initiatives (located in LSC 326). Note: It is acceptable to get one copy stamped and then make photocopies of the stamped version.
- SHSU departments and offices may post flyers without stamps. We encourage you to make it clear that your flyer originates from an official entity, including a contact person for accountability, to avoid confusion and erroneous removal of the flyer.
- Private or off-campus organizations may post/distribute ONLY during Bearkat Mania.
- Also note, no flyers may be placed on cars parked on university property, including the library parking lot.
Library personnel reserve the right to remove materials that do not meet requirements or that bear an expired approval stamp.
Three approved posting locations are available in the library:
- On the second floor, just outside the IT@Sam computer lab.
- On the first floor, in the open study area near the base of the central staircase.
- On the first floor, just inside the entrance and across from the Help Desk.