This tab describes ELECTRONIC Reserves. The previous tab describes Print Reserves.
Electronic Reserves are digitized documents that are made available online for access by students in a particular class.
In many cases, your professor will integrate your Electronic Reserves directly into your Blackboard class for quick, convenient access. However, if you want to search for Electronic Reserves for a class:
- Start at https://library.shsu.edu.
- Click the Books & Media tab, then click the "Course Reserves" link.
- Click the link at the top of the page to "Access Electronic Reserves."
- Use the options available to browse or search by an instructor name, course number, or course name.
- When you find your desired class, click on the title. You will be prompted for a course password, which should have been provided by your professor. This ensures that only students enrolled in a specific class have access to the digitized readings for that class.
- After entering the course password, a list of readings will display. Click on the desired reading.
- A pop-up box will open with all the publication details about the reading. Some readings will be PDF files; other readings will be direct links into library-licensed ebooks, journal articles, or similar. Either way, click on the filename to open the reading.
- Please note that, due to copyright restrictions, some readings may have limitations on downloading, printing, or copying and pasting from the text. Also please note that these readings are for individual, educational use only within the context of this class; in some cases, licenses have been purchased specifically for students in this class. It is unlawful for a student to further distribute these files to other users outside of this course.