Skip to Main Content
How to Reserve or "Place a Hold on" a Book
- Search the library catalog using the "Books & Media" tab on the library homepage.
- Locate the book that interests you, and click on the title.
- To the left of the book's title, click on the blue link to "Place hold."
- Click "Login to My Account." If prompted, enter your SHSU login credentials (same as Blackboard, MySam, email, etc.)
- The selected book will be displayed. Click "Place Hold" to confirm and continue, or click Cancel to go back.
- The hold confirmation will be displayed. Click OK to exit the hold process and return to your catalog search.
- Your hold will generally be pulled within 1-2 business days. When the hold is ready, you will receive an email confirmation. Follow the provided link to schedule a limited-contact pickup.
- Use the left and right arrow buttons to select the date you would like to pickup.
- Click a green square for your desired pickup time.
- Click the "Submit Times" button at the bottom of the screen, or click the trash can to cancel.
- If prompted, log into your SHSU account (same as MySam, Blackboard, email, etc.).
- Review the Pickup Terms & Conditions that are displayed. Click "Continue" to accept these terms and proceed, or click "Remove" to cancel this pickup time.
- Complete the information requested on the form. When you are done, click "Submit my Booking."
- You will receive an email confirmation of your scheduled pickup. At your scheduled date and time, visit the small Service Desk at the library's first-floor entrance (near the stairs up from the parking lot). You will be asked to show your Bearkat OneCard to verify your identity, but as part of the safety protocols of our limited-contact pickup, the staff will not touch or take your ID.