Black and white printing is available in the library computer lab at no added cost (printing is covered by your student fees).
However, color printing can only be done in the Copy Room (Room 141) for a fee of $0.25 per page on standard letter-size paper (cost increases for larger paper or card stock). State and local sales tax will also apply.
To request color printing, follow these steps:
- You will need your file saved to a USB flash drive to be printed.
- If you do not have own your flash drive, you may borrow one from the Copy Services window or the main Service Desk on the second floor.
- Your file will need to be in PDF format. We strongly recommend printing to PDF to avoid problems.
- Open the file, and go to File -> Print as though you were going to print it on paper.
- Select the drop-down list of printers, and choose Adobe PDF as your printer.
- Proceed with this "printing" operation, which will result in saving a new PDF file; save the file onto your USB flash drive.
- Take your USB flash drive to the Copy Services window of Room 141 on the library's first / basement floor. Tell them which file you need printed, how many copies, and any special instructions (for instance, whether pages should be stapled).
- When complete, pay for your pages.
- We accept cash.
- We will also accept checks and all major credit cards, if accompanied by a valid photo ID (SHSU ID or Texas Driver's License) and in the name of the person using the card.
View more details about Copy Room services and prices.