Before you can download a library book on your iPad, you will need:
1. An active Internet connection
3. The Bluefire Reader App installed on the iPad (or another eReader App such as iBooks or Overdrive)
4. An Adobe ID (you can create one here)
*Please note that these are all free accounts/apps, but you will only be able to access Ebsco or ebrary ebooks from the Newton Gresham Library if you are a current student, staff, or faculty member at Sam Houston State University.
1. On the iPad, navigate to Sam Houston State University's Newton Gresham Library webpage (linked here).
2. In the "Articles & More" tab, select the subject database for Ebooks
3. Select Ebsco (or ebrary) and login with your SAM ID when prompted.
4. Sign in with your Ebsco account (or ebrary account). If you don't have an account, you need to select "Create a new Account" on the upper right side in order to do so.
5. Locate an ebook title of interest, and select "Download (Offline)".
6. Note the checkout period, and select "Checkout & Download".
7. The iPad will allow ereader App selection. You can select the already installed "Bluefire Reader" App or any other ereader App listed.
8. The Bluefire Reader App (and many other ereader apps you use) must be authorized with your ADOBE ID before you will be able to use it for library ebooks. You can authorize the app by opening it and selecting the "Info" tab on the bottom right side of the screen.
9. Touch the book icon in order to begin reading the ebook you just downloaded, noting the annotative (note-taking) and highlighting capabilities.
10. The ebook will expire according to the checkout period you selected. You may remove the expired titles using the "Edit" option to delete individual titles from your App.