I am the Instruction Librarian in NGL and an Assistant Professor at SHSU. My responsibilities include coordinating formal and information instruction in and through the Library
. Though I seek to support research and information literacy campus-wide, regardless of discipline, I am the subject librarian for:
- Math Education,
- The School of Agricultural Sciences,
- Computer Science, Information Assurance & Digital Forensics,
- Library Science, and
- Instructional Systems Design & Technology.
I am also the Children’s & Juvenile Literature Librarian and an instructor for NGLI 1101: Research in the Digital Age
and UNIV 1101: Learning Frameworks
Prior to joining SHSU in 2018, I spent 23 years as a classroom teacher, school librarian, instructional coach, program coordinator, and campus administrator in a large K-12 public school district in deep South Texas. I also had spent 10 years in the private sector for small businesses and Fortune 500 companies in various industries.
- B.A. Psychology, Texas A&M University
- M.S. Library Science, University of North Texas
- Texas Teacher Certifications:
- School Principal (EC-12)
- School Librarian (EC-12)
- Business Education Composite (6-12)Scholarly WorksTeaching PhilosophyResearchLibrary Bill of RightsThe Librarian's Code of Ethics