Skip to main content
- OCLC is maintaining a growing list (spreadsheet) of freely available content by many publishers and platforms worldwide at oc.lc/covid19-partner-content
- VitalSource (textbooks, ebooks, and media resources)
Due to coronavirus circumstances, SHSU(our students and faculty) has free access to textbooks from numerous publishers via VitalSource.
JSTOR's temporary access to an expanded set of content through June 30, 2020 includes the following resources:
Public health resources:
All archival journals, including multidisciplinary collections and the three thematic collections:
Primary source collections:
- A growing set of ebooks from scholarly publishers, all with unlimited, DRM-free access and a familiar user experience on JSTOR
Note that all content listed above is cross-searchable on JSTOR.org, with the exception of World Heritage Sites: Africa and Global Plants, which are available on their dedicated platforms.
JSTOR also offers a free set of resources on remote teaching, including tools for finding and organizing course content, articles on online learning, and tips to share with students.
- APA Style Guide
Temporary free access (until May 25, 2020) to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th and 7th editions), the Concise Guide to APA Style, and more than 160 other books published by APA Books through VitalSource and RedShelf.
- ebooks available at Unlimited Access
ProQuest Ebook Central customers impacted by COVID-19 now have unlimited access to all owned titles (excluding e-textbooks) from this growing list of high-demand publishers (more than 100 academic publishers) through June 19, 2020 to address this urgent need.
- No-Cost Unlimited Access to Owned Titles
- 4/2/2020: ProQuest just announced the launch of a Coronavirus Research Database in response to the rapidly growing need for authoritative content related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The new cross-disciplinary resource enables researchers to search and discover full-text articles, dissertations and other content from key publishers in one place.
No-Cost Access and can be accessed at search.proquest.com/coronavirus
- Gale Cengage: @galecengage
- Providing free trial access to Cengage Unlimited (which includes access to courseware and eTexts) for this semester to students in classes using Cengage materials—regardless if institution is a current customer or not
- Offering free Cengage Unlimited trial access to faculty and students NOT using Cengage materials
- Will provide your institution with services to help in getting digital resources setup and faculty trained, as well as, providing technical support to all end users
- Taylor & Francis
- We are proud to be working with several partners to support access to our ebooks and etextbooks. For students who are no longer able to access core textbooks on campus because their university has closed, we are providing free access to ebooks through our partnerships with VitalSource, Kortext (in conjunction with JISC), and Red Shelf through the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester.
- Access SHSU Library's subscription to T&F ebooks here: taylorfrancis.com/eBooks
- MIT Press eBooks
- IEEE eLearning
- SHSU recently started a full subscription to IEEE Xplore:
- Additionally, "To help your university with its immediate transition to distance learning, IEEE is now offering free 60-day access to our library of eLearning courses for a limited time. Explore the courses available and experience first-hand how the content can help you support your students."
- URL: coming shortly...
- University of Chicago Press
Electronic access to print-only journal subscriptions
Electronic access to print-only journal subscriptions is available upon request. Please email UCPress to set up access.
Interlibrary loan and copying
unlimited, fee-free copying for interlibrary loans and e-learning through the end of June 2020. May extend this arrangement if necessary.
- Project Muse: @ProjectMUSE
- World Scientific Press
- World Scientific is committed to helping the global research and teaching community by supporting our users who are facing accessibility challenges due to the impact of COVID-19.
We are therefore pleased to upgrade Sam Houston State University’s journal access to one that includes ALL World Scientific journal content published from 2001. This takes effect from now, until June 30, 2020. It has already been made available through your IP range we have on-file and you can direct students and faculty to read the articles at:
- In addition, ProQuest Ebook Central and EBSCOHost customers will get automatic upgrades to unlimited concurrent access (from single user or 3Users on your already-owned World Scientific e-books through mid-June.
- Royal Society Publishing
The Royal Society of London has now decided to remove all access controls on our journals for the time being. We want to support our librarian and researcher communities, and understand that people may be working remotely for a long while. We do not want access issues to impede any work for our end-users during this tumultuous time.
Because the paywall will be down, this means that you will have access to additional content for researchers. https://royalsociety.org/journals/#listing
National Emergency Library to Provide Digitized Books to Students and the Public:
NGL Databases, Journals, Books & Ebooks
#SHSU #Bearkats #SamFam #shsu19 #shsu20 #shsu21 #shsu22
SHSU COVID-19 webpage
NGL response to COVID-19 (coronavirus)
Please refer to the Library's COVID-19 webpage for the most updated information on changes to library services in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and academic changes at SHSU:
Current NGL Trial Resources
#SHSULibrary #TrialResource #Libraries #LibrariesMatter #LibraryLead
LearnTechLib Trial available until MAY 24, 2020. Please share your feedback online.
LearnTechLib is the premiere online resource for aggregated, peer-reviewed research on the latest developments and applications in Learning and Technology by the world's leading publications and authors. Developed and supported for and by researchers, librarians, and educators. This respected resource is more than a typical PDF database of content but is a multi-purpose service and tool.
LearnTechLib encompasses 30+ years and 135,000+ peer-reviewed full-text documents and abstracts of published international journal articles, conference papers from 265,000+ leading authors and additional multimedia-rich resources including: Journal articles, Conferences papers, e-Books, Reports, Dissertations, Videos, Keynote Talks, Presentation slides, Webinars, Collections of articles with more added daily.
Other publishers (Twitter)
Below are social media handles (Twitter) of other publishers which may have COVID-19 complimentary access coming soon...
If you are aware of a resource not on the public or non-public pages within this guide that is free to use by higher education institutions impacted by COVID-19, please email the Electronic Resources Librarian to have it added to this LibGuide.