Skip to main content
Things you need to know:
Official SHSU Directions
- These guidelines specify directions for graduate students who are submitting a thesis or a dissertation in partial fulfillment of degree requirements.
- The guidelines herein take precedence over those in the style manuals required by departments as well as earlier versions of the "Directions."
- Students should consult their thesis/dissertation directors as to the required style manual.
- Students should avoid using another thesis/dissertation as a model.
- Because of the updating of style manuals and SHSU thesis/dissertation guidelines, what was accepted in the past may now be unacceptable.
- The thesis/dissertation will be evaluated according to the current declared style manual and the current SHSU thesis guidelines.
Human and Animal Research Subjects
Research involving human or animal participants must be approved by the SHSU Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects prior to the commencement of the project.
Instructions and applications are available from the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, CHSS Office 470 or from the OSRP web site at http://www.shsu.edu/dept/office-of-research-and-sponsored-programs/.
Template - with macros
WARNING: Do not click and open New Fall 2015 Thesis/Dissertation Template; instead, right click on the link above, select Save Link As, and save the document somewhere you can find it. Then, open the document from the saved location and begin working.
Note: The template is only compatible with PCs, not Macs. Further, you must use a version of Microsoft Word that is 2010 or up for the template to function.
Template -- without Macros
This simplified template provides a basic format for creating a thesis or dissertation and can be used by either Mac or PC users. Download the file and save it to your computer.
Has this web page been useful to you, or does it need tweaking? Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve the information on this page or this site. Email us at email@example.com.